Sunday, March 9, 2014

What music gets you moving?

Everyone has their preference when it comes to exercise music. Some people only listen to Top 40 pop, others prefer hip-hop, rock, or even Broadway (don't knock it till you tired it - listen to a sample of American Idiot's broadway recording to really get your heart beating.)

Me? I prefer something to the match the rhythm of my running steps, but also something that consumes me and takes my mind of the mundane running. At school, and because it's been hardly 10 degrees outside, I hit the treadmill for 20 minutes with my playlist. At home, where it is now a brisk 40 degrees, I can do three miles within my neighborhood, easy - but it takes a particular type of music to get me going.

So, because I'm a little nosey and fairly curious, I'm wondering: what music do you run to? And because this is a two-way street, I'm offering a complete look into my Spotify playlist at the bottom of this post. As you can see, it's kind of a smorgasbord.

This playlist will eventually fall into disuse. I'll get tired of the songs, I'll begin exercising to newer/different music and in a few months, I will make a new workout playlist. The circle of life.

What do you like to work out to? I'm always looking for suggestions!




No comments:

Post a Comment