Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Olympics and New York Fashion Week

I feel so guilty. I haven't updated this blog since January 21. While one of the first rules I set for myself when I made this blog was "don't feel guilty if I don't update for a while," I can't help but break it. I sometimes think I set too high standards for myself.

So, I've got some posts ready to write, but with the Olympics off to a rousing start - I watched ice skating for far too long today - and New York Fashion Week shows streaming live on the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week page - there is nothing to do now but sit back and enjoy the shows.

I think the way these Olympics are being broadcast are pretty funny - Sochi is nine hours ahead of the east coast so by the time we're going to sleep, the days' events are just getting underway. You can turn on the TV to NBC Sports at 3AM and watch women's hockey or some skiing event.

Technology today, right? Never mind the fact that there are more live-streaming events on various NBC sites than ever before. You can bet I'll be tuning in during all hours of the day. No matter the event, I love watching the Olympics.

If that sounds a lot like New York Fashion Week, that's because that's the other half of my days. I follow all the top Twitter accounts - @DKNY, @FugGirls, @EHolmesWSJ, @BagSnob, and of course, a smattering of wonderful bloggers. NYFW is like the Olympics of fashion. I'm sure I'm not the first person to make that comparison, but, c'mon, it was right there.

Enjoy the spectacle, everybody. The Olympics shows us the best of the world's talent (even if you don't agree with the host nations' laws) and NYFW shows us what we'll be wearing in six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment