Thursday, January 2, 2014

New blog, same story

Hello and welcome to Sparkly Bows and Cable Knits! This is my first step into this new journey, and I thank you for joining me on this adventure. If you're returning from my 101 in 1001 Days post, thank you! If you haven't seen that post, I encourage you to check it out and consider setting some goals for yourself. 

I've tried to write this post a few times already but I haven't been happy with the results, so I decided to change the format a bit, making the intro a bit more Q&A. Consider it an About Me page (in fact - this will probably transition onto that page in a bit.) Okay, let's get started!


Who are you?
I am Kristina, a junior/senior studying advertising at Pennsylvania State University. I like to focus on the expanding digital communications and social media sectors of the industry. I currently write for the entertainment website, Hypable.com, wherein I discuss on-going news and cover many television shows. I really like to talk to people about just about anything - particularly themselves and their interests. 


If you're already writing for a website, why start this?
Because this is a different corner of the internet. I have another blog, www.kristinalintz.wordpress.com, that has become strictly professional. It's where I write about my current search for internships or share my musings about advertising and the like.

This website will have a lot of different content - a smorgasbord, if you will - of anything I come across in my daily life that strikes my fancy. A interest pin or certain outfit, it'll all be here.

So, it's a fashion blog?
I'm hesitant to call this a 'fashion blog' because as much as I'd like, I know I cannot dedicate the time necessary that a fashion blog requires. This is an outlet for me to post photos of (what I think are adorable) outfits, or certain products such as my weakness, handbags, that I covet. Maybe there's a song that's really inspired me lately, or a book I want to recommend, this will be the place for me to do so. 

Like I said, smorgasbord. 

How can I contact you to give you my opinion about this? 
Well first, I'd like to say thanks for contacting me! I love feedback - good and bad. You can interact with me on all the lovely social media channels, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. I also monitor comments on here.

What's your bottom line?
I don't like negativity and have no room in my life for it. However, I do have copious amounts of positivity and happiness to spread around. I really like things, and I really like sharing and talking about those things. You've got to eliminate the negative, accentuate the positive, as good ole' Paul McCartney once said. 


I'm starting this blog at the top of 2014 and I hope that over the course of this year, I learn some stuff (I hate that word - it's such a placeholder, but holds so much weight, 'stuff'), meet some people and enjoy everything that's in store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment