Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Currently Coveting: J. Crew, Kate Spade, and more

Turns out, despite working in advertising and knowing most of it's dirty little secrets, I am still very susceptible to marketing emails promoting sales at my favorite places.

Enter: this weekend. And the ensuing shopping spree. If you haven't jumped on these sales yet, what on earth are you waiting for?

J. Crew, (and J. Crew Factory), BaubleBar, ideeli, Kate Spade: all sites that email multiple times a day. Which, if you're like me, doesn't bother you that much because you either open them or just delete them, so there's no chance you'll miss a sale. Of course, all are must-visits for me when I make my laps around the sales sites on the weekends.

Below are a few pieces I picked up this weekend and decided I must share with the world.



J. Crew Clare Cardigan 

My office is a frozen tundra so while a skirt and a simple top might be enough in the direct sunlight, I have to have a blazer or sweater with me inside at all times.

Enter: The Clare cardigan. I got my first one in seaside coral (pictured) for around $25. I wore it once then I went and bought two more colors of the same style. It's three-quarters length so it definitely errs more on the fashionable, current-trends look than dowdy. It looks perfect with skinny jeans and a white v-neck, my go-to outfit nowadays.

I can already tell the Champagne cardigan will look great with dresses for fancy-but-casual affairs and all of them will work with a black tank top and any sort of denim or black pant for the fall. This cardigan seriously takes versatility to the max.

Kate Spade Sunnies

When you enter the Kate Spade outlet store and the saleswoman immediately comes up to you and says "everything in the store is 50% off," well, you can just hear your credit card simultaneously scream in delight and shout in horror.

I was able to snag this pair of sunglasses for about $40, and for someone who has always been a Ray Ban-knockoff kinda gal instead of the real deal, this was a big step for me. I couldn't find them online but these are pretty similar.

Bonus: check out the adorable glasses case they came in!



Longchamp in "Sand"

The black Longchamp may be ubiquitous around college campuses and a staple piece in many female 20-somethings wardrobes, which is exactly why I looked at my two-year old bag, beaten from a summer in New York City and from being hauled around, and decided I needed a new one.

Ideeli, a spin-off flash sale site from Groupon, just happened to be having a sale - large totes in the classic Le Pliage style were discounted from $145 to $100. So-ld.

As an editorial note: you may notice my posts increasing in frequency. Hooray! I think I have finally determined that they will be like this post was - style - music from bands and musicians I am discovering (but may already be 'discovered') and books that I've read and recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment