Friday, July 18, 2014

On my: Spotify (and some updates)


I am trying something totally new here - shocker. I came up with a better way to organize my recommendations, and work on my graphic design at the same time. Thus, "on my" series begun. These will be about once a week and will range from Spotify, to Bookshelf, to Plate. When it comes to clothes and fashion though, (and because I'm a stickler for continuity and 'In my' closet wouldn't work) I'll still do Currently Coveting. 

Anyways. There has been a lot of good music circulating around town lately and I fell it's my duty to spread the songs I've been loving.




1) Song: All About that Bass, By: Meghan Trainor

I have been jamming to this song for the past two weeks and see no reason to slow down anytime soon. Her body-positive message and hypnotic beat is a much more preferable song of the summer for me than say, oh, something like "Fancy."

Looking now, I added this song to my Spotify merely 12 days ago (as well as followed Meghan on Twitter) and it had been really exciting for me, just sitting on the sidelines, to see this song become more and more popular. It truly is a wonderful track and this totally deserves all of the praise it has been receiving.

The song has been slowly climbing the Billboard charts and now has over 3 million views on YouTube. I watched it when it had 1.3 million. Less than two weeks ago. The pastel color palette the video has is such a nice contrast to some other videos that are out there right now. 

I'm totally rooting for this song - and Meghan - for the rest of the summer and beyond. She's already been on the Today show and more radio stations are playing "All About that Bass" daily. It's hard not to pick up on her cheerful, amazing attitude and outlook on life. 

2) Album: YES!, By: Jason Mraz

My adoration for Jason Mraz has spanned many moons - well, many albums. With his latest, Yes!, which debuted this week, he is back in top form. After teaming up with the women of Raining Jane, I can say that they're participation in this largely acoustic album simply elevates his lyrics and musical talents to a new level.

After 2012's Love is a Four Letter Word effort, I have to say, I wasn't crazy about the majority of the songs. They diverted from his traditional way of laid-back acoustics and soulful lyrics. They were a bit more experimental and harder to digest, if that makes sense.

Not so with YES! Every song really is enjoyable and this reaffirms the fact that Mr. A-Z is one of my favorite artists. He has been for a very long time - way back, before Spotify and I was burning "The Remedy (I Won't Worry)" on CD's to share his music, and the love for it, with friends. 

#spreadYES, everyone.

Songs to check out: Hello You Beautiful Thing, Everywhere, You Can Rely on Me, Shine


3) Album: The Good Wife Score, By: David Buckley

Do you watch The Good Wife? You should. I don't care who has told you otherwise, The Good Wife is meant to be enjoyed by all who appreciate it. The score is perfect to listen to during work. It not only serves as background music in the show, it supports the scenes and with the string and wind instruments and elevates the episodes to new levels of greatness. 

Songs to check out: The Good Wife (Theme), Alicia Keeps Her Cool, J'Accuse 

No comments:

Post a Comment